Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Shout out to Beej on her Kidney Stone pain and a WoW film I made

Yeah, long title right? So I was stoked to make a WoW film, even though it's like thirty seconds long and super dumb. It all stemmed from a chat I was having with some of my WoW playing co-workers about whether my tank prot pally could go into Scarlett Monastery (a reasonably difficult instance at its level) without my armor on and still kick butt. You'll have to watch the video to see how it turned out. I know, you're on pins and needles right? Well prepare yourself for some great cinema, cuz here it is!







So yeah, I also want to shout out to Beej. She had a kidney stone today and I can feel her pain. Literally, the stent they left in me still hurts! Yeah I would recommend for everyone to steer clear of kidney stones at all costs. I would say they are good times, but that would only be true if experiencing the most excruciating pain I can think of was "good". And its not. For real.


On a completely unrelated topic, welcome to the blogoshpere Jeremy. Nice to see another dude blogging, sort of. Oh yeah, here's another awesome movie of Jakob giving Troy a taste of his own medicine (Troy is a very rough and tumble kid as you will see):


My favorite part is where Troy slams Jakob back. How awesome is that? :)

5 comments:

Nat said...

Pete, you're funny! I'm glad you're my hubby!

Kar said...

Troy really is the toughest kid I know!!

Beej said...

Ahhh...Pete...thanks!! I guess that I took my empathy for your kidney stone pain to an extreme. I got one just so that we could bond in our pain. It was all a plan, just for you...

Yeah, fortunately I got hook ups at the hospital. I got that sucker taken care of FAST. I think that I pissed off my nurse and ER doc, but I work with them sometimes, so they got over it quick. It was really funny because people that I work with kept walking by and doing a double take, or else not recognize me at first until I said something. Like the CT scanner girl...I totally scared her because I knew her name. By the time I got to the OR, the word had spread that a "shock trauma ICU nurse" was the patient. This really means that a shock trauma ICU bitch is the patient. We have a reputation the preceeds us all across Utah. In fact, a nurse from a different floor once said that to one of our nurses when she was transferring a patient there, except she called her shock trauma whore. Yeah...the got written up for that one, which probably didn't help our repuation at all.

Anyways, long story short, see the post about my kidney stone on my blog, I will be making it soon. Needless to say that it went a lot better than the last time. I literally feel your pain Pete. But I get my stent out on Monday. Boo-yeah!! Hang in there, Pete. And we both should start taking Allopurinol. I think that it will help. I sure hope so.

Love ya, Pete! And sorry that you have had to experience these kidney horrors. I'm glad that you are blogging. I think it's cool. And I like your videos.

Later skater!

Beej said...

Yeah, Troy is awesome! I love that he gets Jake back. And I just love that old couch!! It has been such a good couch. If you are ever thinking about getting rid of it, I get dibbs. I totally want it.

Soozee Carmichael said...

hey...glad that you are feeling better. Sorry that I haven't finished your story yet. I haven't had time to read anything yet, but yours is the first on the list.
Let me tell you how much this weekend SUCKED other than conference which was good. Needless to say that I will be moving to Provo this fall so that I can have some chance at a social life because there is NOTHING in good 'ol SF...yeah, I'll talk to you later!