Friday, September 26, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

Okay, so as a man I'm not supposed to admit to liking things like Gossip Girl and Twilight. I wonder how many dudes have actually read Twilight.... Anyways, I was talking to Suz earlier tonight and we got on a semi-strange topic of how you picture people when you read/write about them. I'm not talking about real people, more like imaginery people. The person we talked about though was the perennial housewife favorite- Edward Cullen. K, so when I first read Twilight, this is how I pictured Edward:





Work with me here for a minute. I think it was the hair. I dont exactly remember how she described his hair except that I think it was blonde. So yeah, Ziggy was Edward when I read Twilight the first time. Speaking of Ziggy's, here is a famous Ziggy that I think this video game character was patterned after... sort of:




I hadnt really thought of this connection until I was looking for pictures of Ziggy from Xenosaga and I found one of Ziggy Stardust and this guy side by side. This reminded me of an awesome FotC's video:





So back to my the topic at hand (I'm easily distracted) when I kept reading the Twilight books, Edward kind of transformed into two people- Angry Edward played by Ed Westwick (a.k.a Chuck Bass) from my favorite guilty pleasure Gossip Girl:




Man just look at him scowl. He does the whole brooding thing pretty well on GG too. Its good times. K, the other Edward is "hot" Edward (yeah, I cringe using that terminology) which is the Edward that I know that my sister-in-law Karlenn is in love with. The one that all the fangirls swoon over. That is of course the Edward that will be portrayed in the film by Robert Pattinson as seen below:







See he's kinda got the scowl thing going on here. Not quite at the Chuck Bass level, but what can you do?

Anyway, what an incriminating post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

JER has read them! YOU ARE NOT ALONE! :D

Kar said...

Yay! You posted! Huzzah!! Yes, I am in love with Edward. I randomly found some anime drawings of Edward online - they were really good. I'll have to send them to you. And Robert Pattinson... hot, hot, hot. Though he looks like a hunchback in that last picture.

Nat said...

"Robert Pattinson"? He needs to change his name to "Cedric Diggory", because that's how I'll always know him. And hey, if anyone gives you flack about watching those shows, you can tell them that you watch 'em with me.