Monday, March 17, 2008

You know what the worst part of writing a blog is? Coming up with cheeseball content to post for peoples "entertainment." So yeah. Not that I'm calling anyone's blog cheesy or anything, because they aren't. I must just be a noob at all of this.
So last night me and Nat were having a conversation about weird impossible hookups. I was thinking of an idea for another one of my cheesy romcom chicklit stories and the thought of two people who are impossibly crushing on each other but couldn't hook up for whatever reason seemed very intriguing to me. So here's what we came up with:

K, first things first, my brother Jeff would be so proud of my computer drawing skills. For real. Okay so looking at this deftly drawn diagram we notice that there are five people. The top two people are Bob and Jane. They are married as indicated clearly by the little arrows pointed at each other. I know, it was a dead giveaway. Ok, Bertha and Eunice are Bobs sisters and Jon is Janes brother. Their family had like 12 kids, all with J names. It was good times. Anyways, here's how it breaks down, Jon hooks up with Eunice after serving in the same mission with Bertha. Eunice dies and then he hooks up with Bertha. Easy right?
So you're asking yourself what could possibly be wrong with this hookup? Where do I begin?
1. First of all it's really weird for Jonny boy to even think about dating the younger sibling of his sisters husband. Yeah I'm blaming him cuz it's a guys job to chase after the women. So yeah, really weird. I don't actually know anyone who has had this happen in their family, but Nat apparently does know someone like this. Ask her, I'm sure she'll fill you in on the details.
2. Oh yeah, important detail I forgot about the Jon/Eunice or Jonice hook up. They were engaged when she kicked the bucket. That's where the next detail of weirdness comes in: dating the sister of your deceased fiancee. Yeah that's weird.
3. Finally, with the Jon/Bertha hook up or Berthon (maybe Jertha) the mere fact that they would hook up after server in the same mission is weird. To even contemplate such an incestuous thing is repulsive. Although there are three couples I can think of off the top of my head who hooked up after the mission. Chad and Val, this is a shout out to you! I guess it happens, but that doesn't make it less weird.
So yeah, thanks to this glorious homemade super descriptive diagram, you can see how this would be the perfect set up for a really cheesy chicklit romcom short story right? Yeah I know that's exactly what you guys were thinking when I was going through the weirdness huh? Yeah it's late. I'm sleep deprived.
Today was Brock was saying the word Fank again. That's how he says spank. I asked him if he wanted me to "fank" Jakob. He of course was all for the idea. So I had Jakob come over and shook his hand and said "Thanks." Brock looked at me confused. Yeah, fank means thanks too. And forked spork is the same word twice over- foke foke. Infinitely entertaining.
I realized the other day that I put a Youtube link on like every blog I've written so far. Well I think I have, so here's one for this time around:
Thought this was a bit nuts the first time I saw it, but the song is really pretty. He's beating it like a dead horse now though. And because Simon was on it, I thought of another video. Don't get too far into it though, your ears will bleed.


7 comments:

Kar said...

You are a true writer - thinking of plots. I think that's cool. I always picture choreography in my head when I'm listening to music - maybe I'm a true choreographer. I had a dream that I started taking ballet classes again.

Nat said...

I like that you like to write, and I like being your sounding board. And I like providing you with names like "Eunice" and "Bertha".

Soozee Carmichael said...

I had this great idea for a story myself...about a girl that has been crushing on this guy for like 10 years, and when she finally meets the most amazing guy and gets engaged, the first guy realizes how perfect she is...then the chessy drama kicks in...what do you think?

Beej said...

Ah Pete. First of all, you'd better not be referring to my blog as cheesy. Cuz I might have to beat you down if you are. I just post the stuff that I do (which isn't much).

Second, Spencer's mission had TONS of hook-ups. I think that it is shadey as well, but it happens a lot. Most of our couple friends were in the same mission. So I'm gonna have to say that it isn't as uncommon as you would think/hope.

And finally, how come everyone gets to read your stories but me?? I'd really like to know. What if I have good input?? Huh?

Anyways, glad to hear that you are writing and blogging.

Jeff said...

I have got to say that is one of the best diagrams I have ever seen. In fact I think you are in the wrong profession my friend. I humbly shrink away in embarrassment at such a display of talent.

Now as for the situation I must say this guy must be desperate to be part of that family. Those sisters must be something to behold, or their spirits must be over the top. I seem I have a few things to say perhaps I should be blogging about this myself.

Soozee Carmichael said...

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY!!!!! Gosh, you're getting old, brother! Hope it was great!

Nat said...

So; in real life I know of two married couples with children. The husband of couple A fell for the wife of couple B (she was his dentist's assistant) and the did the naughty and divorced, leaving the wife of couple A and the husband of couple B the losers. Then they got married. So loser wife A and loser husband B decided to get married. Well, original couple A had 4 kids and original couple B had 3 kids, and some of those kids were attracted to each other and had some hanky panky times. None have married, but how interesting does that make family life and shared custedy? Well said by the Bammer!